Tuesday 1 March 2011

Record Label Logo

To make the digipack look more professional I had to add a fake record label on the back of the CD case. With the use of found pictures from the internet not allowed I had to make my own logo on Photoshop. I decided to going with a logo that was simple yet effective, choosing to use a star placed right next to the name of the record company.
This is the image of the star that I used. I managed to find a font which used stars as letters, meaning there were lots of different designs to choose from, with this design being my favourite. The old, vintage look of the image linked to the indie genre, with vintage sounds used in the music and vintage clothes wore by the target audience.

This is the font that I chose to used, along with the name of the record company I came up with. After looking through fonts I decided that this one fitted best with the image of the star, with nearly the exact same design used for both. The font also has a funky look to it, making it much more interesting to read than just a plain 'Times New Roman' font.

This is the finished design that I made for the record company logo.

1 comment:

  1. Good evaluation of logo, re the last example the "A" doesn't quite fit the circle...can you revise. To make the name of the record label stand out you could try it in a constrasting colour though the black and white does look stylish. We'll discuss in class.

    ReplyDelete